Once you have acquired and gotten used to your hearing aid, you will need hearing aid accessories. Although some accessories can be offered to you by your hearing aid provider, others you might need to purchase on your own. In this blog, we will guide you through some hearing aid accessories that you absolutely must have.
Absolutely Must Have Hearing Aid Accessories
The two most standard accessories are, of course, batteries and cleaning tools. Read on to learn a bit more about these vital necessities.
- Batteries: Some form of a power source is needed to keep a hearing aid running. You will probably need a constant supply of disposable batteries, unless your hearing aid features a rechargeable power source. The batteries themselves are available in four different sizes.
- These sizes, in order from smallest to largest, are 10, 312, 13, and 675. Helpfully, these batteries are color coded as well. Size 10 can be found in yellow packages; size 312 comes in brown packages; size 13 comes in orange packages, and size 675 comes in blue packages.
Cleaning Tools: Cleaning and maintenance will help extend the lifespan of your hearing aids. How can you take care of everyday cleaning? With these useful tools:
- Hearing aid cleaning brush: You can use this soft brush to clean the body, faceplate, and/or sound port of the hearing aid. Certain brushes come equipped with a magnetic battery removal tool to easily guide the battery away from the main body of the hearing aid. This will make daily cleaning much easier.
- Wax pick or wire loop: Using this tool can remove earwax and other related debris from the nooks and holes of the hearing aid without damaging it.
- Multitool: Versatile as they are, you should consider a multitool. What does a multitool include? They include a brush, wax pick, tube and vent cleaner, battery door opener and a battery replacement magnet.
- Hearing aid case: Your hearing aid provider should furnish you with one of these. With a case in hand, you can travel safely with them and have somewhere safe to store them when you go to sleep at night.
Better Hearing Starts with Canary Hearing
Are you experiencing hearing loss? Canary Hearing can help. We are a family owned and operated hearing aid dispensing practice with over 40 years of professional hearing correction experience. Our full time hearing care professionals can assist you in selecting and fitting the right hearing aids to help you start living life to the fullest. Get in touch with Canary Hearing today or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.