Hearing loss is still mostly seen as an issue that affects older people. But older people are not the only sufferers. Are you concerned that you or someone you love is beginning to lose their hearing? It may take up to seven years, in general, to not only detect hearing loss but also to do something about it. Don’t lose your hearing. Seek out Canary Hearing today. But in the meantime, consider these signs of hearing loss:
Some Signs You May Have Hearing Loss
Do you often wonder the following? Do others mumble? Can I not hear other people when talking in groups? Do I turn up the volume on the TV and radio often? Do I struggle to hear the alarm clock? If so, you may have developed hearing loss. At the very least, you have begun to notice the signs of hearing loss.
Some Situations That Are Uncomfortable because of Possible Hearing Loss
- Are you hesitant to talk openly about not being able to hear?
- Are you afraid to talk about it at work for fearing of possibly losing your job, or seeming less competent?
- Are family gatherings during the holidays a struggle because of so many overlapping voices?
- Are you wondering if you can’t hear your friends during loud conversations at a restaurant?
- And are you scared you can’t hear your kids and their voices?
These are all possible signs of hearing loss. Hearing loss can deeply affect you and your quality of life. If these signs of hearing loss don’t seem to describe you, depending on your perception, what about these others? Here are some more situations in which to consider the possibility of hearing loss:
- Projecting blame onto others
- Friends and family notice possible signs of hearing loss before you do
- Frequent complaints from friends and family that the TV volume is too high
- Difficulty understanding what someone else is saying from another room
Better Hearing Starts with Canary Hearing
Are you experiencing hearing loss? Canary Hearing can help. We are a family owned and operated hearing aid dispensing practice with over 40 years of professional hearing correction experience. Our full time hearing care professionals can assist you in selecting and fitting the right hearing aids to help you start living life to the fullest. Get in touch with Canary Hearing today or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.