Can you hear me now? Hearing tests are important. Get your hearing tested every so often, no matter how old you are. In this blog we’ll talk about when you should get a hearing test. First, we’ll go over some reasons for it.
Reasons for a Hearing Test
Whether or not you suspect your hearing may be in trouble, it is still worth it to get your ears checked out. Some of the reasons for a hearing test include:
- It’s painless and quick: It can take less than an hour, so it won’t eat up your whole day.
- Possible warning sign of other health problems: Heart disease and diabetes can affect your hearing, and are life-altering or life-threatening conditions. You’ll want to know as early as possible if these conditions can develop.
- Establish a baseline for your hearing: As recommended by the Mayo Clinic, adults should get a baseline for their hearing established.
- Reduces risk of cognitive decline: Especially in older people, cognitive decline is a serious concern. Using hearing aids to counteract hearing loss helps keep your brain healthy.
- Improves your earning potential: Worried that hearing loss might affect your job? Well, treating hearing loss can help with that. Your earning potential for your workplace is benefited by taking a hearing test. If you need hearing aids, it is best to get them. Your wallet and bank account will appreciate it.
Outcomes of a Hearing Test
Once you determine a baseline for your hearing, you’ll probably start to feel better. Based on your results, your doctor will probably direct you to a hearing specialist. Certain hearing problems will only get worse if left untreated. Hearing is a vital part of life, and it can be dangerous to go on without it. You don’t want to miss hearing a doorbell or a smoke alarm. For that matter, you wouldn’t want to go on an airplane and not hear an urgent warning. Hearing loss can be an isolating situation. Don’t let it make you lonely or depressed.
Better Hearing Starts with Canary Hearing
Are you experiencing hearing loss? Canary Hearing can help. We are a family owned and operated hearing aid dispensing practice with over 40 years of professional hearing correction experience. Our full time hearing care professionals can assist you in selecting and fitting the right hearing aids to help you start living life to the fullest. Get in touch with Canary Hearing today or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
You can also find us at our two Maryland locations:
- Annapolis: 130 Holiday Court, Suite 105 Annapolis, MD 21401 (410-224-4327)
- Easton: 8262 Ocean Gateway Easton, MD 21601 (410-822-4327)